Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding microvia in PADS layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to add microvias of 50um diameter with drill size of 47um for 0.4mm pitch BGA package routing. So far i am unable to find options in PADS layout to put such small microvias. I tried to define microvias of 50um dimensions using

Setup>Pad stack>Pad stack type>Via

The probelm is that the software does not accept such small via dimensions. When i put via diameter of 2mil and drill size of 1.85mil, software starts complaining that your drill size is more than via size..:/

Can anybody help. Screenshot is attached

Attachments

• viapadstack.png
    viapadstack.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 72

Where are you getting the error?

Regardless, I seriously doubt you are going to find anyone who can make a via with a .000075" annular ring, as you are specifying.

Hi, I found out the solution for above problem, First, i was not reading the via dimension, for 0.4mm pitch BGA, properly. Real via dimensions for 0.4mm pitch are 9mil via pad and 5 mil laser drill. Moreover, i made the following to 0 in PADS layout.

Tools>options>Design>drill oversize=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back