Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding initial value for VCO in PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mino

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I simulated PLL in hspice , I need to add initial value for VCO and VCO will be oscillated.
But, Do I need to add the other circuit for VCO in order to give it initial value on layout ?

Re: Question about PLL

No, you do not need.

Best Regards,
Analog_starter

In hspice, when we add an initial value in VCO, that will help HSPICE to oscillate the VCO. That's hspice algorithm. In real circuit, it will be oscillated if your VCO is correct because it always have noise in VCO. So you don't add any circuit in your VCO.

Yibin.

Maybe you can try to add some conditions into the run file.
For example, add the power ramp (from 0 to vdd) or add the interference in the
power rail to model the real environment.
If your circuit can't osc with above conditions, maybe it have some unknow side effect.

Thank everybody's answer .
I will check my circuit on layout.

Added after 26 minutes:

and, I have a question in testing.
Where is the boundary line that frequency limits between on bread board and on PCB ?

and, I have a question in testing.
Where is the boundary line that frequency limits between on bread board and on PCB ?

If you want a full digital swing output and get a good jitter peformance. Maybe below 150MHz is a suggestion.

Yibin.

we use a pwl source for vdd to simulate PLL instead of giving initial condition. though initial condition reduces simulation time.

of course you need not to do that

Question about PLL

hello i am looking for pll examples and designs using simulink. specially synchronization with pll.

anyone have anything ..

very thanks

Question about PLL

If you want to test high frequency PLL, such as more than 200Mhz, you must care the high speed IO design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back