Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding BST ferroelectric to HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mina.nms

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need to add the barium strontium titanate(BST)thin film to HFSS,
how should I do?

Create a material with the correct magnetic and electric material properties. Select a surface where the thin film will be applied and apply a layered impedance boundary condition. Enter the thickness and the user defined material along with the substrate material, ie copper. It is of note that HFSS can only support linear magnetic material...which is usually fine for ferrites, but I do not know for your material...ensure there is no significant variance in the B-H curve for the current magnitudes of interest.

have fun

Thanks
but in library of HFSS there is a ferrit material as a default
I think the problem of nonlinear magnetic material in HFSS is for ferromagnetics not ferroelectrics
Is it correct?

Last edited:

Ahh...I misread the post. I was thinking ferromagnetic material. However, a ferroelectric material is analogous in that the D-E curve is non linear and actually has hysteresis rather than the B-H curve. Since HFSS is a linear EM solver, any non-linearity in the materials cannot be accounted for. You will need a solver that can support non-linear materials with an ability to input a D-E curve.

have fun

hey

can't you add a function to the D-E curve?

for making a material(linear material) in HFSS
Is it enough to import its permittivity and loss tangent only?
are the other information important for situation of resonant frequency in S21 curve or not?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back