Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

add instance without symbol view

Status
Not open for further replies.

huihuicn

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello !
I have a problem when adding instance in Virtuoso schematic. The problem follows below
instance.jpg .
So I have to type the view symbol manually,it's so inconvenient. Please help me with the problem!

Hi,

Please make sure that your library path is defined properly, cell name presence in that library and symbol views.
Browse all three things and Then you try with the adding instance.

Thanks,
Basu

Hi,
First of all, thank you.
I can ensure all three things.
When I add NMOS transistor n18e2r,some warnings appear:
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "symbol.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "auCdl". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "symbol.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "symbol". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "symbol.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "ams". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "symbol.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "spectre". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "layout.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "ivpcell". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "symbol.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "auLvs". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "symbol.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "UltraSim". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.
*warning* ddMapGetFileViewType: You are trying to run a CDB executable on an OA library file "layout.oa".The file is in library "smic18ee" in cell "n18e2r" in view "layout". You must run an OA executable to use that library file.

I can't understand these warnings.

Hi,

You are trying to instance CDB database cell files in OA database.
Please use OA database cell files.

Thanks,
Basu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back