Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC-Uart data loss of ADC buffer size (PIC33FJ128GP802)

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3.exe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: ADC-Uart data loss

Hi,

I have been trying to solve the problem with the data loss which occurs from time to time in my system. The system consists of a PIC33FJ128GP802 microcontroller, and ft232r converter IC. I am using DMA to transfer data from ADC to RAM and then send the bufered data to PC via FT232 at 3Mbaud rate (tried both DMA and manual data transmission). I have noticed that sometimes data blocks equal to the ADC buffer size are missed out, and that makes the whole set of received data corrupted. Has anyone encountered similar problem? The actual data rate is 120KB/s, I have tried to reduce it to 80KB/s, but the result is the same. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this? Would be very grateful for any help.

Added after 1 minutes:

To the ones who will say that I should use hardware handshaking: I am already using it.

Re: ADC-Uart data loss

does anyone know what conditions might cause a signal to be corrupted like this?

ADC-Uart data loss

why not directly send instead of buffer. there is data loss at that point because of buffer overrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.