Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC & DAC help needed with device selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin83

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dac microcontrollers wat does it cost?

hi guys..i need a ADC to convert my signal to digital and at the other end an DAC to recovert the data. i don't know what type of IC to use because every IC i find need to go through the microcontroller. Anyone can help me to decide which ICs to use for the ADC and DAC?if a microcontroller is involve, can help me to provide the ways to interface with it?many thanks...

Re: ADC & DAC

I found this for you.
digital to analog converter IC
MCP4725

ADC & DAC

Do you think of using smo microcontroller or processor? What will you do with the digitalized data? How will you receive the data you think to aplly to DAC?

ADC & DAC

Dude...what is on your mind?
What are you doing with an ADC and a DAC but not using a microcontroller to process your data? What are you going to build? Share with us, may be we can find some solution for you.

i was doin a project on ECG monitor. the biopotential signal will go into the multiplexer and the output from the multiplexer wil go into the ADC. the digital signal is then send through the fiber optic cable link and from there the dac convert bak to analogue. Therefore the adc and dac part is a bit tricky as it involve microcontroller..dat's wat make me headache -.-"

ADC & DAC

Well, it is not completly clear (for me, at least), but I think you can use some successive ADC - it will give you a sequence of bits that you can send directly and will not need of microcontroller. Probably you can use sigma delta ADC, but you must decide alone.

u refer Allen HOlberg text book it is good

Added after 14 minutes:

H.LEE RF design book

Status
Not open for further replies.