Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adc 0804 and sp605 interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

avishekgudu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I am new to the world of fpga and implementation.I have to interface my circuit of adc 0804 which is of 8 bit resolution with sp605. Can any one help me with the hardware connection and the code using vhdl.I just have to see the output using spartan 6.

Last edited:

Where u want to see the output of adc? You can just latch it on fpga and sent it via UART to PC or maybe just chipscope is enought ?

i want to see the output on PC . and yes i am giving an analog input from a function generator..i used a dac to convert the signal back to see if my circuit was working properly and it did. Now my motive is to use sp605 and see the output. Plz do help me out i m really new to this

Agreed. A serial interface is a good way to get started. The RS232 code on fpga4fun Just Works [tm] so you can concentrate on other stuff... You only need to assign the RX/TX IO's in your top level design, change the baudrate and you're good to go.

bt how do i connect my output from the adc with the fpga .... there is a fmc ..and how do i configure it??

as i said earlier i have designed a circuit for analog to digital conversion using adc 0804.I checked the output and it was working fine.Now i have been asked to interface my circuit that is my 8 outputs of adc 0804 ( 8 bit resolution) with spartan 6(sp605).Would u please let me know what all connectors to start with and how to configure the pins using vhdl .And is it possible to show the outputs on sp606 itself? because it has got leds also which may glow according to the voltage fluctuation from a voltage divider circuit applied as input?

- - - Updated - - -

and yes y do i need a rs 232 code? i can connect it to my pc using the usb cable and burn the vhdl module as per the xilinx guideline. and if i use the fmc interface t for connecting sp605 with the adc output what connector i have to use and how do i proceed after that.Or should i use the JTAG interface for the purpose..and what connectors should i use to connect the usb cable with the outputs of adc and then hpw do i proceed ? or spi interfacing would do..and what is the procedure for that? waht r the steps that i need to follow.

help required ASAP plzz
i am giving the links of adc 0804 and sp605.
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/8105/NSC/ADC0804.html adc 0804
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug526.pdf sp605

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back