Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

active resistance with NPN transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

azerty1

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for active resistance simulators circuit based on NPN transistors.
Can you help me in this search?
Thank you

BJT are non-linear components by nature, so you can at best approximate a linear resistor charactericstic within a certain range. Or create the linear characteristic with the help of a feedback loop.

A detailed parameter specification would be the first step.

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for active resistance simulators circuit based on NPN transistors.

As you probably know - a JFET is able to provide a resistive channel around the origin (for both current directions).
Do you want to realize something similar with npn transistors ? This is not possible.
More than that, you should tell us if you want to realize a static or (only) a dynamic/differential resistance?

I read in literature that they are resistance circuit with CMOS transistors, but i work in a project with NPN transistors, so i need to replace my passive resistance with others active.

As far as 'm aware of, there's no useful circuit with BJT acting as resistive active load. The undistorted voltage range is limited to a few 10 mV.

As far as 'm aware of, there's no useful circuit with BJT acting as resistive active load. The undistorted voltage range is limited to a few 10 mV.

I think, there are applications where the collector emitter path of a well biased BJT acts as a load resistance for another transistor - however, it is a dynamic resustance only (and not a kind of "ohmic" resistor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back