Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Active RC Filter design questions about OPAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harks

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Active RC Filter design

Hi, all,

I am designing an active RC filter. I am wondering if anyone can tell me the relationship between filter corner frequency and OPAMP's gain bandwidth.
In addition, what is the OPAMP DC gain needed if the filter is 0dB butterworth LPF?

That is, how should I define the opamp spec. when designing an active RC filter?

Thanks

Active RC Filter design

I meet same problem, please give a hand.

Active RC Filter design

The desired filter corner frequency must fall within the unity gain bandwidth of your opamp.
So that u can meet the cutoff frequency when u design the 0dB(unity gain) LPF in close-loop.

Open-loop gain of the opamp should be as high as possible (~60dB).

Re: Active RC Filter design

For best performances use some BiMOS OP amp. They have high gain, CMRR and input resistance and small drift and leakage input current.

What really matters is the gain-bandwidth-product of the opamp you are using -- they should be usually 10x larger than your desired filter corner frequency to minimize Opamp's finite GBW effect on your active filter.

willyboy19 said:
What really matters is the gain-bandwidth-product of the opamp you are using -- they should be usually 10x larger than your desired filter corner frequency to minimize Opamp's finite GBW effect on your active filter.

10x is enough or not? I saw somebody said it must be 100x.

Please refer to th"OPamp for everyone" published by TI.
The suggested DC gain at corner frequency is around 40dB gain.
The gian will affect your accuracy of corner frequecy and filter gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back