Active Power Factor Correction For Three Phase AC drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atifsheikh_91

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy to all
I am doing a project related to my academics . I have found myself trapped in active Power Factor Correction . Can anyone recommend me good IC for this purpose, or any other reading material.

i am having DC-bus of 600Vdc and my current rating is 6A.
I have completed my design of Ac drive for three phase motor, with a transformerless rectifier (i/p 330Vac / O/p 600VDC) and have made VFD using Ir2110. Now i am not finding a way to install an active PFC module in my project.

Last edited:

Dear atifsheikh
Hi
You can use an LM2577 ( boost converter driver which can be used for PFC ) But if you need higher powers , you can use an opto coupler and then a high power IGBT or Mosfet to do that .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

You can use an LM2577 ( boost converter driver which can be used for PFC ) But if you need higher powers , you can use an opto coupler and then a high power IGBT or Mosfet to do that .
Goldsmith

Hy Goldsmith,
Can you provide more details ; as i am having DC-bus of 600Vdc and my current rating is 6A.

I have completed my design of Ac drive for three phase motor, with a transformerless rectifier (i/p 330Vac / O/p 600VDC) and have made VFD using Ir2110. Now i am not finding a way to install an active PFC module in my project.
How to configure lm2577 which has Vin of 45V :S ...

Hi again
As you probably know , each Rectifier , with capacitor , will make high value of reactive power . hence , you have to use a PFC , after your rectifier and capacitor , it will improve the current waveform , to achieve , cos phi = nearby 1 .
So , a boost converter is incredible for it .And as i told you at past , if you need higher power and voltage , it is simple , you just need to add an opto coupler , and then it will connect the out put PWM , into a high power mosfet , e.g IRFP450 or IRFP460 , thus it can handle this rage of power easily . then you can create a feed back loop after that simply .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

I have a frim believe that you wud be right ; as you have previously helped many (inc. me) in resloving their issues. But this time i am unable to understand what i have to do; may you help me with a schematic

Hi again
Schematic about what ? about how a PFC that based on boost converter does work , or, about how you can make a high power PFC with a low power integrated circuit ? or perhaps both of them ?
Best Luck
Goldsmith

Hi again
Schematic about what ? about how a PFC that based on boost converter does work , or, about how you can make a high power PFC with a low power integrated circuit ? or perhaps both of them ?
Best Luck
Goldsmith

I need schematic of how to make high power PFC with low power IC.
Thnx

Well , no problem , if you stay , some minutes , i'll draw it for you .

Last edited:

Hi again
I came back , see below , please , it would help you .
View attachment PFC.pdf
BTW : don't forget to add line filter in your input . it is very important for PFC .
Good luck
Goldsmith

BTW : don't forget to add a resistor in parallel with GS junction .
And another notice : if you use an opto coupler which as a totem pole in it's out put , it will be incredible . ( before your mosfet )

:S , what you have drawn :S
cant understand a thing

You have drawn 2 sections? how these 2 sections are interconnected?

Hi again
Of course not . did you see them carefully ?
first one is how this ic does work , and the other is how we can change the power of IC with our desired value , with an external mosfet . is that unclear ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…