Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] active inductor and slew rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannik33

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How does an active inductor (see Fig.) improve the slew-rate of a signal? In the s-domain the transfer function possess an additional zero and pole but it'd be really kind if you could explain it to me in a way more related to the actual components.
Isn't the idea that for an large di/dt (i.e. that means that the signal posses high frequency components, e.g., unitstep(t) ->1/2 {dirac(f)+1/(j*pi*f)} ) the nmos cuts the path to vdd so that the output capacitance is charged faster,i.e. the output voltage reaches the resp. level faster,too. and cos Zgs becomes quite small for high frequencies it shortens the nmos to the resitor path ergo the current flows to Cload and for low frequencies the nmos is diode connected with a small impedance (1/gm)... is this correct?
4165224200_1420545934.png

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back