Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ACS712 current sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouyorin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to use acs712 to mesure an AC current between 0 and 50A (because acs712 / 30A)
if yes how should i modifie the circuit!!

hello

i allready tested ACS712-5 , range only 5 Amp!
and internal shunt is * 1.2 milliOhm for this device
if you want extend the range of yours from 30Am to 50Amp
you can add , in parrallele an external shunt to derive 20A..
see data sheet of you device to kow th internal value of shunt, and calculate what must be the value of external shunt.
or buy another 30A and connect it in parrallele to get 60Amp of range !

Ok i will try that ..thank you very much paulfjujo .

allready tested ACS712-5 , range only 5 Amp!
and internal shunt is * 1.2 milliOhm for this device
if you want extend the range of yours from 30Am to 50Amp
AC712 is a magnetical (hall effect) sensor and not specified for the primary conductor resistance. It's a copper bar and the initial resistance variation and temperature drift will considerable reduce the accuracy if you extend the range with a shunt.

Instead you should use a sensor with appropriate range. Please consider that the current range must be sufficient for the peak value of a sine input current, e.g. 70A for 50 Arms.

thnx for this information .. i found the acs758 sensor it looks good for my project but i have to make simulation with isis proteus however i didn't found this sensor in isis library have you any idea how to crate it please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back