Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

accesing serial com port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deexith Hasan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to access the same serial com port simultaneously? i.e one in visual basic and the same (COM1) in proteus virtual terminal

is it possible to access the same serial com port simultaneously? i.e one in visual basic and the same (COM1) in proteus virtual terminal
In general when one opens a COM port in VB etc it will lock so other programs cannot access it

it may be able to open it as a shared file??? never tried it though??

otherwise feed to same signal into two COM ports - open COM1 in VB and COM2 in the virtual terminal

open the COM port in VB and send a copy of the data to another program using interprocess pipes or TCP/IP???

It depends on your needs. If you want to see that you VB program sends and receives on the COM port then you may use any serial port monitor (Advanced Serial Port Monitor for example).

Otherwise you may use the following program. It may split one COM port to two new virtual COM ports.

https://www.aggsoft.com/tcp-com/index.html

actually i need to make a controlled home automation...i designed my VB app
and run my proteus simulation on same port and got error cant acces serial ports simultaneously in VB. but worked fine when VB is configured to COM1 and proteus to COM2 and joined them with virtual serial software.....
Then how will i connect my MCU to COM1 and run VB at same port??

is serial port different from USB port??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back