Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Supply / Contactless Smart Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a chip design that can only be driven by AC power. I can do a diode bridge on the die, but how do I connect the substrate? Anyone has any experience with this?

ASIC

Hi,

Usually I connect the substrate to the VDD after rectification. But the substrate junction which normally reversed will be forworded at each peak of AC input. So try to make AC peak to VDD drop as small as possible to make small forwarded substrate junction and check your substrate current will not exceed limit.

napong.

Thanks napong for your reply. Could you explain further:

What is the process you use? BiCMOS? P+ Substrate right?

Why do you connect VDD to the substrate and not GND? Normally the substrate is connected to the lowest potential to prevent the substrate junction from conducting.

What happenes to the remaining circuit when the substrate junction conducts on the negative half-period of the cycle?

Any software available to simulate this scenario?

Some (known working) example layout would be useful if you have it?

ASIC

I use CMOS process. But I made a diode from PMOS with drain-gate connected so my diode is in a Nwell and I connected Nwell to VDD.
For substrate, I also connected to GND.

Sorry for my wrong information.
napong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back