Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ac servo motor pulse doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My panasonic ac servo motor accepts step and direction pulses. If i give 2000 pulses it makes one full rotation.
Why people are saying pwm pulses, in pwm pulses we can change only duty cycle it is possible to set pulses like 1000,2000 etc

kindly tel me what type of pulses we must give to the servo drive pwm are ordinary pulses

generally in micro controllers i will take a for loop inside i will call some delay and toggle an io and i will run the loop for 2000 times then i will get 2000 pulses i don't know i am doing right?

Hi,

generally in micro controllers i will take a for loop inside i will call some delay and toggle an io and i will run the loop for 2000 times then i will get 2000 pulses i don't know i am doing right?

You can do this, and it is OK.

But this needs a lot of processing power.
Using the PWM periferal you can output pulses without processing power. If you use a second counter to count the pulses it may generate an interrupt after the desired number of pulses (2000) and stop output pulses.

For sure you are able to control duty cycle with an PWM module, but it is not necessary for your application. Just set it to 50% and let it run..

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back