Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Induction Motor Control Using 6Pack IGBT Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutlu_sgul

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
igbt bridge

Hello Friends...

Nowadays I am working on Three Phase Induction Motor Drivers. I have constructed a simple one and see it when it's runnig. I have used a Fuji IGBT module have 6 IGBTs max Ic current is 15A. I have connect the Microcontrollers pins to the optocouplers (CQY80) and then the emiter of the transistor of the optocoupler to the IGBT's base terminals. I have used 4 different 15 V power supplies to switch base terminals of lower leg and each base terminal of upper leg. I have write this simple code and download it to the microcontroller. I used AT89S52 in this project.

///// THAT IS THE CODE ////
#include <regx52.h>
#include <lcd.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void Delay (long int sure)
{
long int j,q;
for (j=1;j<=sure;j++)
for(q=0;q<=10;++q){;}
}

main()
{
long int b;
b=9;
P0=0x00;
P1=0x00;
P2=0x00;
P3=0x00;
Delay(300);

while(1){

P1=0x2A;
Delay(b);
P1=0x00;
Delay(1);

P1=0x0E;
Delay(b);
P1=0x00;
Delay(1);

P1=0x1C;
Delay(b);
P1=0x00;
Delay(1);

P1=0x15;
Delay(b);
P1=0x00;
Delay(1);

P1=0x31;
Delay(b);
P1=0x00;
Delay(1);

P1=0x23;
Delay(b);
P1=0x00;
Delay(1);

if (P0_0==1){b=3;}
if (P0_1==1){b=4;}
if (P0_2==1){b=5;}
if (P0_3==1){b=6;}
if (P0_4==1){b=7;}
if (P0_5==1){b=8;}
if (P0_6==1){b=9;}
if (P0_7==1){b=10;}
}

}

When I power up the system I saw the motor rotates and when I press buttons connected to the P0 I saw also the speed of it changes. Then I read about the AT90PWM3 and decided to use it in my AC Induction Motor Driver. I want to learn about how to use this microcontrollers PWM terminals. I read too many topics about constant V/f control. I know the method but I don't know how to confiure PWM terminals. How to get the output. If there is anybody know about this topic please helps me.

motor control using igbt

Can you provide the details of motor.What is the DC source for inverter ?the DELAY routine in the source code is for millisecond delay ?

igbt bridge with four switches

Driving IGBTs gates from simple optocouplers is very likely to cause catastrophic failure if some output current is sourced by the inverter. There are plenty of manufacturer applications notes and lots of EDAboard discussions covering the topic. Also uC vendor VFD example projects are easy to find.

igbt control ac

PLS any one know about IGBT application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back