Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC/DC adapter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh777_123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my laptops original AC/DC adapter has gone bad and I could not find one swith same spec.AC i/p :220-240V,DC o/p:19V, current : 2.64A, power : 50W ......
But i can find another adapter with 18.5V DC output , current : 3.51A, power :65 W
Will the 65W power adapter with higher current of 3.51A will cause any problem to laptop, will it damage the laptop due to high current or is it ok to use this 65W power adapter.Please provide your valuable inputs on this
thanks
josh

the problem lies in the voltage your new adapter is short of 0,5 v. i think it is ok. could you adjust your new one to 19 V(may be you could open the case and look inside). hope this help

You laptop will only take the current that it needs.

As it will be a switched mode psu you are unlikely to find a pot to vary its voltage.

it is likely to work but your batteries may not get as fully charged as before.

In my opinion it will work for u`r laptop........
0.5 v is only 3 % (aprox....)
Every appliance has a minimal of 5 % variation acceptence for volt variacion(the majority has 10 %).
Measure u`r 220 v ac..and it rarely is 220 it is 210-230....

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back