ac current sensing circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, anyone.i am designing an ac current sensing circuit for my motor control. and my problem is: how to convert the ac current into dc voltage which can be processed by mcu?

can anyone give me some advice? by the way , i want to design the circuit with integrated ic ,such as isolation amplifier..

and the ac current maybe: Vrms=15A, Frequency=50hz

thanks in advance

Ideas for ac current sensing and measurement ..............

No series resistor needed, isolation included.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Isolated Current Measurement

Regards KAK

The simplest way to convert the ac current of 0...15 A is to use a small AC transformer to which you can add one wire loop as a primary "winding". Then the other multiturn winding will generate an AC voltage, proportional to the number ratio of turns.
Use an insulated copper wire, ~ 1.5 to 2.0 mm diameter so it will not get hot with 15 passing through it. One turn on the transformer could generate up to several volts on the secondary; then you can add a rectifier diode and so you get a DC voltage proportional to AC current.
Any AC transformer can be used, with one good winding on it. Make sure you install the device in a protected insulated case with terminals; safety first!

thanks for all ur response. i will read them with my heart, u know i am just a electronics begunner.

thank u again.

Status
Not open for further replies.