Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac current sensing circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, anyone.i am designing an ac current sensing circuit for my motor control. and my problem is: how to convert the ac current into dc voltage which can be processed by mcu?

can anyone give me some advice? by the way , i want to design the circuit with integrated ic ,such as isolation amplifier..

and the ac current maybe: Vrms=15A, Frequency=50hz

thanks in advance

Ideas for ac current sensing and measurement ..............

No series resistor needed, isolation included.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Isolated Current Measurement

Regards KAK

The simplest way to convert the ac current of 0...15 A is to use a small AC transformer to which you can add one wire loop as a primary "winding". Then the other multiturn winding will generate an AC voltage, proportional to the number ratio of turns.
Use an insulated copper wire, ~ 1.5 to 2.0 mm diameter so it will not get hot with 15 passing through it. One turn on the transformer could generate up to several volts on the secondary; then you can add a rectifier diode and so you get a DC voltage proportional to AC current.
Any AC transformer can be used, with one good winding on it. Make sure you install the device in a protected insulated case with terminals; safety first!

thanks for all ur response. i will read them with my heart, u know i am just a electronics begunner.

thank u again.

Status
Not open for further replies.