Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ac coupling to a Buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogbeginer

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have to ac couple the signal on to a buffer, but have practical problems in implementing it. My signal is @ 32KHz(Differential & having P_P ~700mV) but at different Dc level. So the filter before giving it to the buffer requires some 8M-Ohms res & a 0.25pF load (since it is differential, we require two res & cap). But this cannot be a practical implementation. Can you suggest some practical way of doing this?

I don't understand where your 8M ohms & 0.25pF comes from. Maybe a circuit would help explain it.

Keith

It basically formed by the High pass filter sitting before the Buffer(To filter out DC & allow 32KHz signal). 8M & 0.25pF value I got keeping the HPF cut off @ 20KHz.

I would suggest you use a DC coupled CMOS buffer or instrumentation amplifier then AC couple, or do a DC level shift.

Keith.

PS. Are you actually desiging an IC for this? If so, 0.25pF shouldn't be a problem. The 8M may be a bit more of a problem due to parasitic capacitance depending on the process.

If I have understood it correctly, you are suggesting to use skewed kind of buffer. But, my problem is DC level shift doesn't happen always, which in a way avoids us from using skewed buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back