Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

abt Spartan-3E Starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawaak

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan 3e starter kit usb

Hi,
i decided to purchase Spartan-3E Starter kit from xilinx. the thing i noticed is that this board uses USB cable for downloading and the on-board USB-JTAG logic provides in-system programming for the on-board Platform Flash PROM and the Xilinx XC2C64A CPLD. does this thing makes any difference w.r.t downloading with the JTAG cable. what are the pros and cons??
moreover, does this board also includes the CPLD development board?? i am confused.

thanks
sawaak

spartan 3e board external jtag

U can use usb cable for download and debuging.

spartan 3e starterkit prom programmer usb

swordman said:
U can use usb cable for download and debuging.

Hi,
thanks for the reply. yes i know the usb cable can be used for downloading(abt debugging, i m not sure), it is written in its userguide, but my question is that does this make any difference w.r.t standard JTAG cable, e.g can i use ChipScope Pro with this cable, synplicity's Identify debugger etc. or any other thing which is used with JTAG cable. hope i am clear this time. :)

thanks
sawaak

spartan 3e starter external jtag

All software which working with Xilinx USB cable, must working with this embedded USB JTAG. This board also have conector pins for other external JTAG cable.

spartan 3 making usb jtag cable

if u use JTAG,the configuration data diccipated once power down,but USBcable not.

spartran 3e fpga in pakistan

dainis said:
All software which working with Xilinx USB cable, must working with this embedded USB JTAG. This board also have conector pins for other external JTAG cable.

Hi dainis,
i hope u r saying "All software which working with standard JTAG cable, must working with this embedded USB JTAG" .
also please tell me where can i find documentation abt external JTAG cable connector, i find in the userguide, but could not able to find it.

thanks
sawaak

spartan-3e starter kit buy

sawaak said:
dainis said:

Hi dainis,
i hope u r saying "All software which working with standard JTAG cable, must working with this embedded USB JTAG" .
also please tell me where can i find documentation abt external JTAG cable connector, i find in the userguide, but could not able to find it.

thanks
sawaak
1. All software which working with Xilinx USB cable (!!!), must working with this embedded USB JTAG. Not standart Xilinx JTAG cable!!!

2. Starter kit board have connector pins (J28) for external other JTAG cable.
"Header J28 is an alternate JTAG header." in UG230.pdf page 140.

sawaak

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
spartan 3 starter kit to sell

What is new in Spartan3E compared to Spartan3?

spartan 3e starter kit order

the spartan 3E is gate-centric whereas the spartan 3 is I/O centric. so for projects requiring lots of gates without much requirement of I/O, go for spartan 3E.

if you meant whats new in the spartan 3E starter kit compared to the spartan 3, then click the following link

**broken link removed**

spartan 3e starter kit jtag usb debugger

Hi Guys,
Xilinx website says that if we order Spartan-3E starte kit within US it's O.k,
but what about outside US orders.Do they charge extra shipping charges.
Do we need any customs clearance to get the starter kit outside US.

starter kit 153 + $ spartan 3e

You can look for agency of Xilinx in your country to get the kit

j28 spartan 3e

Xilinx kits are really difficult to get in Europe... If you contact your local xilinx representative they say they may not sell kits, they may only give them for free...

strange situation is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back