Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Abt clkbuffers and clkinvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilbezawada

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all,
Can anyone help on clkbuffers, clkinverter? In a design ? which is one best CLKBUF or CLKINV interms of timing, leakage power and noise? Can i use clkinvs in place of clkbuffers? placing clkinvs where we have 2 clkbuffers. So if i am using in this method can i reduce no:eek:f levels of clktree? what about noise margin if i am using clk invs?

These issues are considered in the ClockTreeSynthesis phase. Are you in this phase?

In my opinion, if you use invclk instead of bufclk, the clock tree will be so long because of the fanout of clock. So the tool will decide place where use inv or buff.

ya. I agree with you. I am talking in case if i am going with a manual CTS. Where i can implement with clkinv wit good drivers compare to buffers. So apart delay varies in this case of clkbuf and clkinv?

In my opinion, you can use invclk instead of the bufclk in the palce where the transition time does not have much margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back