Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Abstract generator gdsii file import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinesh Varma4

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

First I exported File-> export-> stream. and .lef file of inverter designed using cms9flp technology

Once the file were exported then i invoked abstract generator and i gave library, when i was trying to import gdsii file i am getting the following errors.

ERROR ABS-216: There are insufficient metal layers defined in the current design. You must define at least two metal layers in the validLayers subsection ofLEFDefaultRouteSpec constraint group of the technology file. These layers must have the layer function metal in the functions section. Update the technology file and attach it again.

ERROR ABS-218

There are no vias specified in the technology file. Ensure that the selected constraint group has a ValidVias section or at least one via is specified in the standardViaDefs subsection of the viaDefs section in the technology file. In addition, ensure that the function argument is set to 'cut' for the via in the functions subsection of the layerRules section and then try again.

I updated the technology file which was suggested by cadence help but still i am getting the same error

can some one please help me in resolving this error.

I really appreciate your time

Many Thanks.

DInesh

I finally able to resolve this error.

The problem is when ever i was giving my library its not using the technology library that i dumped and modified.

Once i made changes to my .tf file, i created new library with the modified tech file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back