Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Absolute Beginner In Electronics Help Me...... !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jptsunil

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have started electronics
by reading abt

1. resistor
2. capacitor
4. Inductor
3. diode
4. Transistor
5. LED

By having basic knowledge of all these above components
still i am unable to understand Circuit Schematics
Like that of ATX power supply.

What all i should know to understand inner working of any
circuit by viewing schematic

I dont have any kind of knowlegde in electronics prior to reading
abt components

Where should i start from to learn electronics
and How to understand Schematics.

Please provide some resources to start electronics

These are the very good books...........
1>Art of electronics book
2> engineering cicuit analysis by Hayt & Kemmerly

suvendu said:

Art of Electronics is a great book with a reference for nearly every subject in electronics. However, I don't know if it would be great for a beginner with limited knowledge of circuit analysis. I would definitely recommend that book, but prior to using it I would go with a good circuit analysis book like the one recommended above. Knowledge of the components is no good if you don't know how they all work together.

One more recommendation, start with very simple circuits like basic passive filters. Transistors can add a whole new level of complexity to understanding schematics that may make it more difficult to overcome.

sedra smith is good book for understanding basic concepts of electronics .

I think Electronic devices and Circuit Theory by Boylestad and Nashelsky is a good book that explains a step by step procedure for analysing a circuit.

if you are at the begining phase then look for book by malvino ...... dont go to sedra and smith .... try this link www.malvino.com this explains you about diode, bjt, jfets and many more in animations........ but you got to comeback to sedra and smith coz without this one i believe electronics education is incomplete...........

You can follow of people who have replied... And hey remember, take one step at a time. First try to figure out what simple circuits mean. Later, go for a little bigger circuits and then take on the giants.

Leave alone ATX, your next wish would be to analyse a microprocessor board. But I suggest you to take simple steps before you take on the real one...

**broken link removed**

jptsunil

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
check here for the student manual of the art of electronics

jptsunil said:
by reading abt

1. resistor
2. capacitor
4. Inductor
3. diode
4. Transistor
5. LED

abt components

Start by studying the tutorials (transistors/resistor/capacitor/555/741/pll/etc) at the link provided below. Scroll down to the part of the page "Tutorials".
**broken link removed**

Added after 2 minutes:

vortechs2k said:
suvendu said:

Art of Electronics is a great book with a reference for nearly every subject in electronics. However, I don't know if it would be great for a beginner with limited knowledge of circuit analysis. I would definitely recommend that book, but prior to using it I would go with a good circuit analysis book like the one recommended above. Knowledge of the components is no good if you don't know how they all work together.

One more recommendation, start with very simple circuits like basic passive filters. Transistors can add a whole new level of complexity to understanding schematics that may make it more difficult to overcome.

I agree that the "Art of Electronics" (by Horowitz and Hill) is a great study reference *in addition* to your regular novice tutorials.

Okay, if we're talking absolute beginner stuff, then Forrest Mims' book-Getting Started in Electronics got me into the hobby and helped me learn to read schematics.

Perhaps a book alone isn't sufficient- try a learning lab such as his Learning Lab with all parts and manuals included. Great beginner's info, very very basic practical circuits with only a few parts demonstrating information, etc.

Elenco makes some great trainers with manuals as well. I'm saving for the 500 in 1 trainer. :)

jptsunil said:
by reading abt

1. resistor
2. capacitor
4. Inductor
3. diode
4. Transistor
5. LED

abt components

Hello jptsunil:

Just keep on reading, sooner or later you get the hang of it. These links have many tutorials to get you going fast. I suggest to buy a socalled 'breadboard' and start with simple experiments. It is a lot of fun.

Scroll down to the "Tutorials section" on this page:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back