Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about tsop 1738 IR receiver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightythrillers

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about tsop 1738

sir,
i am using tsop 1738 for receiving the ir beam which was generated at 38khz and transmitted by ir led and the output of tsop is always maintaining high at 5v....i am not able to know whether it is receiving the beam or not...i cant understand the problem so pl help me...

about tsop 1738

I hope that you have the datasheet checked pls?
You need a source between ca. 930--970 nm for good sensitivity, but it should be a (IR)light with 38KHz +/- 5% modulation!
Do you have it? Othercase it van not work...
K.

Hi, I am also using tsop1738. I am also facing problems. However the led in the reciver glows for a moment i get the IR led near the tsop1738 and then goes off again.I want the green led to glow as long as it gets IR signal. I even corrected my resistor values through the potentiometer by using 1.4K instead of the above 4.7K but still no use...Also the range is very small....plz help

Added after 1 minutes:

this is my circuit

79_1266329811.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.