Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About to order some hook up wire. What gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisHansen2Legit2Quit

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
24 alright for 9V projects?

Honestly I'm not even sure what I need hook up wire for. Most circuits are done right on the breadboard, & etched. Could use some for perfboarding though. Lol I'm using up all my jumper wires

I went with solid core because stranded, well you always have to twist before you solder, so it's just kind of inconvenient

I have for many years used telephone wire (solid core,
do not know gauge) for wiring up circuits on pad-per-hole
vectorboard. If I find scrap wire during facilities work I
grab it. If it's amps then I'll go to stranded heavier gauge
like I get from harvesting electronics (PCs are full of nice
fat power wires). Telephone wire lives at 48V so the
insulation is fine for medium voltage projects.

I use 22 gauge wire for hook up on breadboard

24 alright for 9V projects?

Honestly I'm not even sure what I need hook up wire for. Most circuits are done right on the breadboard, & etched. Could use some for perfboarding though. Lol I'm using up all my jumper wires

I went with solid core because stranded, well you always have to twist before you solder, so it's just kind of inconvenient

I use wires with solid code from UTP cables as jumper cables on breadboard.

Breadboard is not designed for higher currents, careful when doing this. With higher currents you can melt breadboard. Look that all power MosFETs, motors,... get currents outside breadboard with adequate wires.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back