Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the prescaler and frequency counter!!!!! (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chung827

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mc12080 problem

I am using a prescaler (MC12080) to divide the frequencies by a ratio of 10. However, I found that the output contain many harmonices. Since my frequency counter is too sensitive, sometimes it may capture the wrong frequencies.

For example, my input frequencies is 100Mhz, the frequency counter turns out 20Mhz.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem???

My input range of frequencies are 100Mhz to 1Ghz.

Re: About the prescaler and frequency counter!!!!! (please h

Prescaler output signal is allmost certain a square wave and it has many harmonics by nature. This is quite normal for digital circuit and can not be a pure sine wave. Pay more attention to your counter specially to input signal level and triggering. When one or both are incorrect the counter may display wrong result.

hi;
I want the non line of sight MB-OFDM receiver code

Prescalers need a certain amount of signal powers.Not more not less..
Otherwise they can either oscillate or are locked to wrong frequencies.Therefore, you should pay attention to applied signal levels at the input of the prescaler.It should be mentioned in its datasheet.

tarkhon said:
hi;
I want the non line of sight MB-OFDM receiver code

Please DONT hijack other people's threads its rude!

create your own thread :)

Dave

Added after 2 minutes:

BigBoss said:
Prescalers need a certain amount of signal powers.Not more not less..
Otherwise they can either oscillate or are locked to wrong frequencies.Therefore, you should pay attention to applied signal levels at the input of the prescaler.It should be mentioned in its datasheet.

Agreed and also you should look at the level between the prescaler and the
fromt end of the freq counter

Question ... is this a commercial counter you are trying to extend the range of?
if so, what is the standard input range of the counter ?

Dave

I think that chung827 in passed three years has allready solved his problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back