Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About PIC micro controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddu1123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In my academic project i have to design a Short circuit device(SCD). In that SCD i am using THYRISTORS. To give excitation pulses to that thyristors i have to use PIC micro controller.Can you please suggest me which devices i have to use in this design and any directions about how to design.........

Actually you can use any low cost PIC such as the one in above post unless you are trying to do any other complex things. To program the pic use a PICKIT2 or a serial programmer.

In order to determine which PICs you can use, you need to know which peripherals you need, how much memory you might need, how many pins you may need, etc. You can find suitable devices using this parametric search:

https://www.microchip.com/ParamChartSearch/chart.aspx?branchID=1012&mid=10&lang=en&pageId=74

A better description of your project and the PIC's "duty" would enable us to give better suggestions.

A few common PICs you could use are: 12F675, 16F676, 16F684, 16F628A, 16F690, 16F877A.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Select PIC16F877A microcontroller. It has all the features. whatever you want use it.... I thing cost is not a problem here because of single chip & not for production.....
Most of the peoples using this chip so you may have opportunity to learn some thing using this popular chip....

Sorry,i don't know the program...I am using PIC16F877A....Can u please send the program for generating pulses...

- - - Updated - - -

I am using PIC16F877A....Can u please send the program for generating pulses...

You need to define the specifications of the pulses. When will they be generated? For how long? How are you driving the thyristor(s)?

This will depend on your control methodology and hardware. A circuit diagram will surely make things a little easier. You should also mention the algorithm you plan to use.

I am using TRIAC model IRKT 92/16 in my project...Can anyone explain how to use it and the process of exciting it.????
I have to connect 3 TRIAC's to R,Y,B phases and i need to excite one by one so that it can create symmetrical and un-symmetrical faults..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back