Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About IC pins. Can u pl help me with my foll qn frnds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

drt

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why do we assign 7 th pin in an IC to Gnd and 14th pin to the Vcc... Explain the work of Gnd and Vcc...

Every IC needs Vcc and GND for it to get activated.
Consider this example, A comparator which has 1V input at the non-inverting terminal and 0V at the inverting terminal. The output of the comparator will be high. That is 5V(Vcc). Just imagine, f there is no Vcc, from where can we get the 5V?
In other words, it is the external voltage required by the IC to function.

Hope you got the point.

i ve got ur pt. but my doubt is y s it tat Vcc is in 14th terminal and gnd is in 7th terminal???

- - - Updated - - -

i ve got ur pt. but my doubt is y s it tat Vcc is in 14th terminal and gnd is in 7th terminal???

Standardization between different companies and components, makes changing from brand easier.

With certain prototyping methods the Vcc and Gnd is in those positions.

Standardization for PCB's layout, perhaps...

There may be many more reasons, these are just a few.

ya, as baas said, its just a standardization.

Why do we assign 7 th pin in an IC to Gnd and 14th pin to the Vcc... Explain the work of Gnd and Vcc...

This is not true for all IC. This depence from manufacturer design. Design is based on many parameters such is heatsinking, internal routing, standardization,....

What is Vcc, Vee, Vbb, Vdd and Vss stand for?
https://www.jestineyong.com/what-is-vcc-vee-vbb-vdd-and-vss-stand-for/

vcc.jpg

IC power supply pin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC_power_supply_pin

Rephrase... This is true for Standard logic gate ICs, mostly... The position is mostly the same.

TTL devices
Vcc --> Voltage Emitter (+)
Vee --> Voltace Collector (-)

CMOS devices
Vdd --> Voltage Drain (+)
Vss --> Voltage Source (-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back