Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About chip number and operation that is used in dimmer triac

Status
Not open for further replies.
microcontroller is a digital device... and triac works with AC voltage, so you need some kind of link between them, moc3021 is the link in this module, microcontroller can not directly control the triac, mainy for two reasons, 1. it is digital device, 2. it can not provide enough current to threshold the gate of triac.
Somewhat off-topic for the present question, but sensitive gate triacs can be triggered by a DC current, directly sourced from a microcontroller. The option is utilized in a number of home appliances, e.g. washing machines, where the controller circuit is directly connected to the mains voltage.

But it's not an option if you need safely isolated triac control.

Somewhat off-topic for the present question, but sensitive gate triacs can be triggered by a DC current, directly sourced from a microcontroller. The option is utilized in a number of home appliances, e.g. washing machines, where the controller circuit is directly connected to the mains voltage.

But it's not an option if you need safely isolated triac control.

can you name me some of those triacs?

i have seen sunrom's office, and it looks like a hooby center more, than a company.

- - - Updated - - -

ok my mistake. it is not pwm. its phase control mathod. device should be using that black opto for this function.

Good Afternoon Sir,

Can you Please tell me how the PWM technique is used to same as shown in the data sheet. Here we are using phase control method, so please also explain me how to control this module by using PWM Technique.

Thanks in Advance.

can you name me some of those triacs?
e.g. "4-quadrant" triacs from NXP, that can be triggered with a positive gate current for both anode polarities. There are sensitive devices with 10 and 25 mA maximium required gate current. Alternatively, all standard triacs can be triggrered with negative DC gate current.

as we have discussed ago.. we can not use PWM here ( i also was not aware about this... )
we have to implement phase control logic in micro controller..

Good Morning,

I want to know how MOC3021 IC gets triggered in the module designed by sunrom technologies. overview of the module is attached here. Is the data from pins D0-D3 is given to MOC3021 IC or another 4 pin optocoupler presented in the module. Please also tell me what is the use of 4 pin optocoupler.
DIMMER MODULE.JPG

Thanks in Advance.

Why don't you read the sunrom datasheet and the discussion at the begin of this thread? Everything has been explained pretty detailed. As a first hint, D0..D3 are connected to a PIC microcontroller at the bottom side of the module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back