Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Calibre, How to Add label automaticaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future_OK

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For physical design, I first use Synopsys Astro, and than dump the gds file to Calibre for LVS. The problem is that if there are many ports in the design, I have to add the labels one by one manually. I just wonder if any one here knows there is a method that could help to add label automatically, or a method that made Astro exports gds with port name ?

Can you save the labels in a file containing something like LVS TEXT commands, then just use that same labels file each time?

Thanks for your tips. You mean that once I add a label and save the design, the information about the label must be add to a file anywhere , and I should find it out?

In your LVS rules file, have:

INCLUDE "bondpads.txt"

Then in bondpads.txt, have:

LAYOUT TEXT pin_func_1 0 200 50 design_top
LAYOUT TEXT pin_func_2 0 300 50 design_top

etc.

How can I get the label coordinate easily?

for example, If I want to get the center coordinate of the each PAD,
How can I get it with script?

Manually measure is too tedious.

Thanks, I have tried the command you provide, and It dose work. The Format is following:
LAYOUT TEXT (pin_name) X(Coordinate) Y(Coordinate) (metal_layer) (design_top)

And it seems if there is "[]" in pin name, the string should be quoted with "".
I think I can transform the coordinate information from tdf file by Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back