Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About AM-PM characteristic of LDMOS power amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htforever

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone measured the AM-PM characteristic of a LDMOS power amplifier?
It's positive or negative?

I studied some papers about predistortion. I found that some linearizers in some papers have positive AM-PM characteristic while others have negative AM-PM characteristic. I feel strange.

I want to design a series predistortion linearizer using Schottky diode to improve the IM3 and IM5 performance of PA based on MRF9060 LDMOS transistor from Freescale. Does anyone have experience on this issue? Can you give me some suggestions or some papers?

Thank you.

you can use network analyzer to sweep the power and watch the phase. The curve is the AM-PM curve.

Hi, foxgan:
Of course I know I can measure the AM-PM curve using network analyzer. But right now, it's not convenient for me to do that. So I want to ask for someone's experience.

Thank you for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back