Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A9G GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernany

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Morning,
I never use A9G module.
Can you help me with same doubts?
I've always had an idea that GPS services are paid for. For example the google service which is initially free but depending on the volume of calls to the satellites they charge for the flow of requests.
Is the A9G paid?
How long can I use GPS?
How many coordinates can I collect?
Can I use gps in real time?
What is the latency?

Thank you for your help.

Hernany

Hi,

Mainly basic questions. I recommend to do some internet search and read about GPS.
Wikipedia may be a good start.

Read through the A9G documentation to get known how it works. Like power supply, communucation with the microcontroller, command set, timing, latency....

Generally GPS is a one way system: data is sent from sattelites to earth. Everybody can receive those signals. Nobody sends data back, thus nobody knows "who" is receiving. Even the sattelites don't know who or how may receivers use the system. It is free for everybody.

Google is different and has nothing to do with GPS. For sure Goggle collects GPS data ... but only the data you send to Google. It does not get any data from the GPS sattelites. It's just the data you (your cellular phone) send to Google.
As soon as you tell your cellular phone not to transmit data via the internet ... Google will not know where you are.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.