Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Tablet issue with the Chinese language. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My wife had accidentally changed her Samsung Tablet to a foreign language. We think it is Chinese but it may be Japanese or Korean.

I have attached 5 photos of the screens that we scrolled through.

Would someone please tell me which option we need to choose convert it back to English.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

Len

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• Screen 1.gif
    Screen 1.gif
    278 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen 2.gif
    Screen 2.gif
    279.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Screen 3.gif
    Screen 3.gif
    291.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Screen 4.gif
    Screen 4.gif
    200.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen 5.gif
    Screen 5.gif
    221.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

For my money it's Kanji (Japanese). I believe Chinese uses more complex characters. I could be wrong.

Your last image shows a blue microphone, and a slide switch next to it. I read a tutorial which says that turns on voice recognition.

Right now it is 'Off'. So, suppose you were to switch that 'On'...
then speak a command such as 'Option change language English'?

Or else, shouldn't there be a pop-down menu containing all the languages it is capable of displaying? And it should show 'English' in the language we would expect to see, namely English characters.

The icons are the same as on my Galaxy S4, the language one is a rectangle with a letter 'A' inside it (middle picture). It should show each of the language options in their own characters so it's easy from there on. If in doubt, there are several variations of English so look for the one repeated most often.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back