msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
An strange error message : ERROR:Anno:169

Hello,

I encountered an strange error during the post-place and route simulation of my design that I would like to share it here for a possible solution.

I have a design that one of its parts is operating at high frequency and the rest at low frequency.
I used the IBUFG buffer to buffer the input clock signal and the output of this IBUFG buffer goes to:
1. A PLL to generate a higher frequency
and
2. directly connected to the clock input of the module that is operating at low frequency.

Then I synthesized, translated, mapped and Place-and-routed the design and the generated bit file was downloaded to the FPGA and via UART comunication I can communicate with the design.

I wanted to do a post-place-and-route simulation to see the behavior of desgn but I received the following error message in mapping process :

Code:
=======ERROR:Anno:169 - Encountered bel type that is not handled
ERROR:NetListWriters:528 - Unsuccessfull design annotation.

Can anybody let me know where could be the problem that prevents the simulation? I have to mention that the Behavioral and post-translate simulations are performed correctly !

Remark: Is it related to the branch taken from the output of IBUFG?? I just conjectured it !

Any kind assistance is cordially appreciated,

Regards,

Re: An strange error message : ERROR:Anno:169

Is that the only information on the problem, because it's not even telling you what bel type is having the problem. Did you not clip out the warning/errors prior to this ERROR? Most of the time stuff like this shows up much later than the actual problem and is a result of the first issue.

And your conjecture its due to the IBUFG is unlikely I've done stuff like that many times and it's not a problem with simulation pre or post PnR. The tools will add a BUFG to the net and that should also show up in the simulation netlist along with the appropriate SDF annotations.

Re: An strange error message : ERROR:Anno:169

Thanks for your reply @ads-ee,

Here is the only information provided by the Post place and route annotation....and nothing else...

Code:
Started : "Generate Post-Place & Route Simulation Model".
Running netgen...
Command Line: netgen -intstyle ise -s 1  -pcf main_design.pcf -mhf -rpw 100 -tpw 0 -ar Structure -tm main_design -insert_pp_buffers true -w -dir netgen/par -ofmt vhdl -sim main_design.ncd main_design_timesim.vhd
=======ERROR:Anno:169 - Encountered bel type that is not handled
ERROR:NetListWriters:528 - Unsuccessfull design annotation. 

Process "Generate Post-Place & Route Simulation Model" failed

Status
Not open for further replies.