Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Stereo FM receiver using the TEA5711 and TDA7050 Integrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
circuits using tda7050

Like I said on the other website, Its performance is poor, about like my cheap 18 years old Sony Walkman radio but better than a cheap clock radio.

Your circuit is also in the datasheet but it includes a good pcb design. The pcb also includes an AM radio.

It is too bad that you posted your schematic as a negative. I made it a positive on the other website.

tda7050

The performance of my receiver, and hence the TEA5711 is very good. I built the receiver, and tested it. I am in Beirut and receiving good stereo transmissions all the way from Cyprus, 240km/150miles away. the AFC functions good and locks on stations well. The AFC level can be increased/decreased by decreasing/increasing the value of the capacitor at pin 20 of the 5711. Adjacent chanel selectivity depends on the selection of the two 10.7Mhz filters, which in my receiver plug in sockets. I tested filters from 280Khz to 150Khz band width, and settled on the 150Khz with excellent selectivity. I tried a filter in place of the discriminator at pin 5, like Patrick Cambre did in his receiver, the sound was awful, a ceramic discriminator should be used, no questions asked. I used 1uF electrolytic capacitors at pins 2 and 3 instead of the suggested 0.1uF in the application circuit and got better low frequency audio response.
The stereo channel separation of 30dB of the TEA5711 might be low compared to that of dedicated stereo decoder IC's, which is on the order of 40 to 45 dB. Still, it sounds very good, and I can't tell the difference when I compare it with my homemade stereo MPX decoder with 45dB separation.

As far as the circuit I used, it is the application circuit in the TEA5711 data sheet, as I have mentioned on my website.

tda7050 radio

BRAVO for radiomate excelent reciver:D
And One question for AudioGuru -wich is best IC for Fm tuning for home made?

fm receiver homemade

zlatkoMM said:
One question for AudioGuru -wich is best IC for Fm tuning for home made?
There are a few excellent ICs for car radios and home stereos. One is surface-mount and has 80 pins. It would be a nightmare to make a home made radio with it.

The simple radio that was made by RadioMate is easy to make home made.
The pcb design is in the datasheet for the IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back