Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A specific programmable delay line is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. Madanian

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:?: Have you seen the Dallas semiconductor programmable delay lines like DS1023 series?
Ref.: **broken link removed**

As mentioned in the data sheet of DS1023 (page 6 of the attached file), the amount of delay is determined by selecting the appropriate input to the chain of delay elements.
So, there would be no data in the delay line after the programmed delay time.

But in some years ago, as I can remember, it had another architecture, i.e. the selection would occure at the output of the chain. Therefore, the input data to the chain of delay elements would have to pass through all elements (you had to wait upto total delay to change the programmed delay).

Now, what I'm looking for, is a programmable delay line with the latter structure and capable of changing the programmed delay while the data is still in the chain (i.e. the settling time due to changing being less than the chain total delay).

Any information, advice, comment is welcomed.

:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back