Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Small Network Analysis Problem - Urgent - Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

purifier

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The following image shows a R-2R Ladder DAC for Switch Positions 001. The solution too is given below... but i'm unable to get a hold of how the solution was arrived. Maybe i'm missing something but i used the Virtual Ground Concept and Voltage Division Rules but i'm still not getting it. Can someone help me get to the solution? I want to know a detailed procedure as to how those Nodal Voltages were obtained... Please help...

I guess there's no more need for this image... I've got a solution. Thank you very much everyone...

Re: A Small Network Analysis Problem - Urgent - Please help.

write down the circuit equations for feedback circuit: remember that the gain of an opamp is infinite in ideal. Use infinite gain in these circuit equations. At the and u will grab the gain values for the points

Sorry but didn't get you.. It is only that i'm writing some incorrect equations. The negative terminal is at the Virtual Ground. So R||2R= (2R/3) which is in series with R= (5R/3) which is parallel to 2R and so on... I used this to some extent but later resorted to some other ways but didn't get it... You mind being a little more detailed?

Someone please help... I have an exam tomorrow...

Re: A Small Network Analysis Problem - Urgent - Please help.

purifier,
The easiest way to solve this type problem is to assume the NI input of the OP Amp is at virtual ground.
~
Assume the voltage at the junction of the rightmost R-2R-R junction is 1 volt.
~
Calculate the current through the left-most R, based on the 1 volt assumption.
~
Calculate the voltage at the "input side of this R, based on the current calculation above.
~
Continue this process untill you reach the input. Call the calculated input Vr'
~
Scale the node voltages by a factor equal to Vr'/Vr.
Regards,
Jon

Thanks a lot... That helped... Though the exam is over... It'll help me for sure... Thank You once again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back