Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a skill script for schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

egx

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a skill script for schematic view of cadence

i need a skill script for schematic for jumping in hierarchies. let me explain.
if i have hierarchical cells like this

hi.jpg

when i am in c1 i wanna press a button to save c1 cell in memory.then when i am in b2 i wanna jump directly to the saved cell (in this case c1) by pressing another button.

do you have any ideas how to write a script like this.
i need it for schematic view of cadence

thank you.

Last edited:

hi all

i can save lib name and cell name of the cell that i want to remember. and open that cell with geOpen command. it seems it solves my problem but after opening a cell with geOpen command i cannot reach upper levels with ctrl+e . it says i am already at the top level cell.

do you have any idea to help me. how cadence knows which cell is the top level cell and can we edit it.

Last edited:

Can't you simply use Window -> Save / Restore ?

geOpen - opens the cell same way like you open it from library manager.
For navigating through hierarchy see schHiDescendEdit() atc

Hi,

I don't think you can go to a topcell if you open from a bottom cell.
For example, suppose I have a design library with cells called MEM_CTRL, ATL & SHIFT
Now, if none of these cells are below each other hierarchically & they all have some INV_XL cells in their lower hierarchy, which is supposed to be considered the top cell if you want to ascend from INV_XL?

You have to open from the top cell, descend and use functions such as schHiReturn() & schHiReturnToTop() to ascend back to the top cell.

Best regards,
I-FAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back