Not open for further replies.

zapak

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opamp as comparator with waveform

I'm using an OPAMP 741 as a comparator whose output is directly fed to a sqaure-wave inverter's transistor switches. As the magnitude of positive saturation voltage of 741 is not equal to that of the negative saturation voltage , there appears to be some unsymmetry in the output of the inverter voltage waveform.
So, is there a way to make these two saturation voltages equal in magnitude ? Hopefully, this will produce a more symmetrical waveform .
So, please help!!!

741 as a comparator

Could u plz elaborate?
The thing is i'm trying to raise the input voltages to +5V and -5V while my current voltage inputs are +4.15V and -3.15V for opamp 741 using +5V & -5V power supply.

op amp as a comparator

hi
usually the output voltage in saturation is vcc-1V
so if you want to get a 5V output you should use a 6V power supply

to make sure you jave the right voltage (5V), you can connect the output of your comparator to two 5V zener diodes to form a clipper on one condition use a 6V power supply

this should do it
and one more thing, don't forget to put a 1K ohm resistor at the base of your transistors

feel free to send me an email if you still have any questions

clipper+op-amp

This is not at all a problem, first of all.

The best answer is to use clippers at the O/P.:idea:

For eg. use Zener diodes in parallel for both the polarities.:idea:

op amp 741 saturation

what is the output swing you are expecting... because if you are want equal swing with output level being less than |3.15| then using clipper would solve your problem...

clipper is nothing but a zener at the output....

Status
Not open for further replies.