Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about the sensitivity of GPS receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

celino_chen

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Folks,

Could any one tell me how to decide sensitivity of a GPS receiver with its NF? I do know the sensitivity is dedermined by NF, thermal noise of the RF Band, Eb/N0 and Gp, but what's Eb/N0 and Gp of a GPS receiver? Further, how to estimate the threshold power level (at the receiver antenna) with given sensitivity( or NF spec.), when the receiver works as first tracking and normal tracking mode respectively.

Thanks a lot!

hi
i dont know alot about gps since i am a starter in wireless telecomm. but from the nature of your question i understand that you are intrested about the noise in recievere side of a comm system , a good book that deals with subject is under the following link

regards

Hi, Nimer

Thank you, but it says The topic or post you requested does not exist!

You have to be logged in to go to the post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back