Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Question about Isolating transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eguard

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to implement a current signal conditioning circuit to be an i/p to the ADC of Motorolla HC12, So I need proper protection in this circuit which was proposed to be an Isolating transformer (i.e galvanic isloation)..so I need an Isolating transformer codes and datasheets so that I can purchase it in Egypt, it should be 5 V at least with unity turns ratio or something like that...

I searched on the internet but found 220 V i/p transformers which is much more larger than the one I need..

Can anybody help me?? and Does anyone have an advanced idea to protect the ADC from over signals other than this idea??

Thanx in advance  :D

You also need to consider the range of frequencys the transformer needs to pass.

Also remember that nearby magnetic fields will induce currents in the transformer to some extent. If you put it in a box next to the mains transmformer for your power supply you will have some mains intrference on your signal. This may be a problem if you want to process small signals through your transformer.

Thanx alot It's really something important to be considered 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back