Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about hspice and spectre simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

holddreams

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I ran a circuit in hspice ,with the inductor L (initial current=10mA),and got a result.

And then ,I convert the hspice netlist to spectre netlist ,and use the spectre to simulate,with the same condition.But the result is far different .If change the inductor L intial current to a very small value ,the similar result can get .

Why?

The simulators are built differently and the parameters they choose as default are different. I simulated once a simple Vds/Vgs curve in Saber and Hspice and is already different. Imagine a more complex circuit.

pay attention to the default options of simulator

Thanks.

what's the default you mean?

I gave the initial condition a value,not use default ,and got a different result.

Which type of initial condition? The simulators may support two type of initial conditions. Type-1: Use 10mA as the initial guess and solve the equations for an actual value. Type-2: Asume the current through the inductor at time 0 is 10mA.
Maybe one simulator treats 10mA as type-1 IC and the other type-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back