Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about HFSS when simulating BPF .

Status
Not open for further replies.

milomilomilo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When simulating filters using HFSS , I define WAVEPORT defaultly,and next time I choose the "renorm 50 ohm " ,the two results are some different .In the HELP CONTENT ,It says that when defaulted,the impedances of ports are 50 ohm ,so why are there some diffrent,
How should i define ?
thanks!

Check the characteristic impedance that that waveport module is reporting for the port Zo solution. It's possible that your port lines are a different impedance; hence the default S-paramters would be normalized (generalized S-params) to that Zo.

If you renorm the impedance, then you are converting your S-parameters from a Zo system to a 50 ohm system. If Zo is quite a bit different from 50 ohms, you will see that the results are different.

Think of it this way, you are attaching a 50 ohm load to your BPF ports instead of port Zo loads when you do the renorming.

Hope this helps,

-Max

Max
Thank you very much ,
your answer is helpful to me, previously i thought so but i am not sure about that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back