Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a dual band circularly polarised microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know that in sonnet software
1- is it possible to simulate rectangular ring microstrip antenna hiow?
2-can probe feed may be given on patch surface diagonally how?

bittu:

Yes, you should be able to analyze this in Sonnet. You can probably do it in Sonnet Lite. Since Sonnet has sidewalls, you have to make sure you keep them well away from the patch, like 1-2 wavelengths away, and make sure the top of the Sonnet analysis box has free space set for a top boundary.

You should be able to use a via port feed for a probe feed, and you can probably use a Parameter to control the location of the probe. If you are just on a diagonal, I think they will let you have a linked parameter for the X and Y dimension placement of the probe. Then you can let the software run sweeps of probe location and give you a family of design curves automatically. If you have a higher version of Sonnet, I think you could optimize the probe placement with the built-in optimizer.

Good luck,

--Max

i want to simulate the attatchment than i have to use this example for realizing dual band microstrip antenna for gsm handset.i have also to replace rectangular ring by triangular and circular patch than comparing the results i have to select the best using sonnet kin dly help me

Hello bittu,

Yes, it is possible to design & analyse such atennae using Sonnet em software...

I successfully re-modeled this refernce article antenna model using sonnet & I have got good results...I have attached sonnet project file, results & the corresponding sonnet instructions PDF document for your reference...

Note:
For this you need to have Sonnet professional version....

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back