Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A coil gun missing part problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A=Anode and in the same time is the "body" of this SCR, but it doesn't matter ..
K=Cathode - should be connected to the circuit's GROUND ..

Regards,
IanP

hey, i really really have serious problems

the deadline is 2 days ahead and we need some help

wen the transmitter reciever are appart or cutt off :

the capacitors in the second stage are still charging

and they are never discharging

wat could be the problem?

could it be the SCR ?

plz

To troubleshoot this problem you may need an oscilloscope ..
If you have one, just follow the path of the firing pulse to the gate of the SCR with the gate disconnected ..
If the pulse is there most likely the SCR is dead ..

Regards,
IanP

10x 4 the tip

the scrs were indeed dead

another thing , to power up the projectile speed we are intending to use 5600uf,200v capacitors

would it work fine or it will burn the circuit
?

If you have 24V ac transformer the capacitors will be charged to ≈33Vdc, so from that point of view voltage rating of the capacitors (assuming that they are rated for >50V) is irrelevant ..

Regards,
IanP

one more question and most important question

can we make a switch that it would be delayed few milli seconds be4 it actually turns on ?

in other words a switch that delays

i really need an answer be4 tommorrow

10x

If you need power-on delay you can use 2 x 555 timers and adjust delay as required .. Below is the circuit ..

Regards,
Ianp

It is really difficult to predict the ratio between number of turns and the size of capacitor while trying to squeeze the maximum of such a circuit ..

You can try bigger capacitance; it may increase the speed but the only way of finding it out is to conduct a couple of experiments ..

Regards,
IanP

Walkign through net i have seen this page :
http://www.powerlabs.org/emguns.htm

Before going there i strongly advice you to understand that these are very dangerous projects and can lead to injuries and even be letal.

10x 4 everyone who helped me in the project , i finished it and have won the second place, not bad

10x again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back