Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A CMOS to CML convert circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

horzonbluz

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos to cml

I want to convert CMOS logic to Current mode logic(3.3v or 1.8v converter circuit), but i have not found any data about this kind of circuits. Who have done this kind of circuits and can help me?

cmos to cml

Try ECL circuits. As far as I know CML is implemented using ECL. Mostly all the circuits you need would be level shifters (from high to low and low to high). Try and refer ECL circuits(which are bipolar).

Have the output of your CMOS gate (CMOS logic) go to one input of a CMOS differential amp/gate. The other input of the diffamp will be a reference voltage [~(Voh-Vol)/2].

Have not done this, but I know there's a researcher pretty well known in this area(current mode). Try to look up Chris Tomazou in google, he's from Imperial in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back