Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A circuit for a LDO dc-dc converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkrja

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First post here. I'm a beginner in electronics and is just starting out with arduino development. So, I'll power an arduino board and a stepper driver circuit with a lead ackumulator 6V 12Ah. Stepper uses approx. 1300 mA the Arduino more or less nothing in comparison. Both the stepper and the arduino run at 5V regulated.

I got the suggestion that I use a LDO regulator to output regulated 5V. I found this LDO-regulator (L4940V5 TO-220):

**broken link removed**

The problem is that I'm a beginner and I don't know how the complete regulator circuit might look. I've found some circuits online but none uses this particular regulator and I'm not sure that I can use these circuits. Can anyone point out a circuit that will work with this regulator? It would be awesome if there can be some check for reverse polarity (I mean if I connect + and - wrong the circuit will shutdown).

[EDIT]
Is the "Test circuit" in Figure 1 in the PDF something I can use?

Thanks for help!

Last edited:

Nothing difficult put IN pin 1 to battery GND pin 3 to ground and your output is ready between pin 2 OUT and GND ,if you want protection just add a diode between pin1 and battery to avoid anything wrong with reverse polarity!!!

Nothing difficult put IN pin 1 to battery GND pin 3 to ground and your output is ready between pin 2 OUT and GND ,if you want protection just add a diode between pin1 and battery to avoid anything wrong with reverse polarity!!!

Thanks for the reply! Well, that sounds easy. In some circuits I've seen a couple of capacitors between V in and gnd and V out and gnd. Aren't they necessary?

Capacitor has a meaning for Variation in voltage ,spike ,noise your application i don't think so reqiure all these so forget and go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.