Not open for further replies.

brrk007

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I used verilog and described the digital circuit.I now want to use this verilog description in cadence to do the layout and extraction. I donot know how to use this verilog file to do that. I could see Verilog XL is installed. When I open it with a particular verilog file, I could see that all the icons are disabled. Is this the issue with license or anything else. I was said that we have license for all products of cadence. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you
Ravi Kiran

Hello , so you said that you can't open with a "particular verilog file" , and if the problem it's not about the license, than perhaps the file is opened in read-only mode, because you don't have write permissions or maybe the file have +x(executive permissions) on it. I've encountered the same problem in Virtuoso Layout, because the file had executive permission. And when I was opening it, a message appeared " Opening in read mode "(or something like that), so what did I do, I removed the executive permission from that file, and all worked fine.... Maybe this is your cause here too. So be sure of the file's permissions.

I hope that you'll resolve this problem.

Have a nice day !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…