Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A beginner's doubt in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrk007

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I used verilog and described the digital circuit.I now want to use this verilog description in cadence to do the layout and extraction. I donot know how to use this verilog file to do that. I could see Verilog XL is installed. When I open it with a particular verilog file, I could see that all the icons are disabled. Is this the issue with license or anything else. I was said that we have license for all products of cadence. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thank you
Ravi Kiran

Hello , so you said that you can't open with a "particular verilog file" , and if the problem it's not about the license, than perhaps the file is opened in read-only mode, because you don't have write permissions or maybe the file have +x(executive permissions) on it. I've encountered the same problem in Virtuoso Layout, because the file had executive permission. And when I was opening it, a message appeared " Opening in read mode "(or something like that), so what did I do, I removed the executive permission from that file, and all worked fine.... Maybe this is your cause here too. So be sure of the file's permissions.

I hope that you'll resolve this problem.

Have a nice day !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back